Healthy Sweet Potato Soup Recipe, Perfect For Souptember! [Slow Cooker]
Fill your tummy with a warm hug by making this inviting, healthy sweet potato soup recipe, just in time for Souptember! I used a slow cooker for this soup recipe, which pretty much made the whole process super easy and less time-consuming!
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission if you choose to purchase through my links, at NO extra cost to you. Disclaimer here. Thank you so much for the support!
Souptember is in full swing! Time to get out and grab all the nutritious veggies that are in season and make some warm and delicious soups!
This recipe took about 30 minutes to prepare, and 3 1/2 hours to slow cook. It is very easy and best of all a healthy soup with very much-needed nutrients and spices that feel like a warm hug in your tummy!
Let’s get into this sweet potato soup recipe!
Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 1/2 hours
Tools You Need For This Recipe
Ingredients (1st list)
- 2.5 lbs sweet potatoes
- 900 ml no-salt chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Ingredients (2nd list)
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened cashew milk
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 can of tomato paste, no-salt if possible
- unsalted peanuts, halves
- green onion, chopped
- Peel and wash the sweet potatoes, then cut them into about 1-inch pieces.
- In your slow cooker, combine all the ingredients listed in the first ingredient list.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 1/2 hours.
- Once the 3 1/2 hours have passed, using a potato masher, mash the sweet potatoes.
- Add all the ingredients listed in the second ingredients list and combine well.
- Cook for another 30 minutes on HIGH.
- Top with peanut halves and chopped green onion. Enjoy!
Did you like this recipe? Pin it for later!
Thanks for reading, fit babe!
If you enjoyed this recipe, check these ones out:
- Healthy Peanut Butter Pancakes Recipe That Will Energize You!
- Overnight Oats Recipe – Easy, High-Protein, Healthy Breakfast Idea
- Easy Avocado Egg Salad Recipe On Whole Wheat Bread [Healthy Snack]
Follow me on social media!