Puffball Mushroom With Cheese And Garlic Healthy Snack Recipe
This less common mushroom, the puffball mushroom, can grow up to 4 feet across! If you come across one, here is a delicious and healthy snack recipe idea that takes very little effort and tastes like pizza dough!
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission if you purchase through my links at NO extra cost to you. Disclaimer here. I only promote products I love and use everyday and I know you will too!”
Puffball Mushroom Healthy Snack Recipe
A couple of weeks ago I was at my cousin-in-law’s farm and for the first time in my life, I came across this unique and less-known kind of mushroom, the puffball mushroom!
Puffball mushrooms are totally edible and super big! And when I say big I mean big! (I would recommend googling that just for the fun of it!)
My uncle-in-law gave me about half to try it out! He recommended I cut it into pancake-shaped slices and pan-fry it, which is a super easy way of cooking it. My husband and I took that idea and went even further by adding some fresh garlic and onions, and topping it with cheese! We also grilled it on the BBQ but you can definitely replicate this recipe by pan-frying it.
If you are looking for an airy, pizza-tasting snack, this could be your favourite recipe!
Tools For This Recipe
- 1 medium size puffball mushroom, sliced in pancake shapes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 onion rings, chopped
- 30g of cheese, shredded and divided among the pancake-shaped slices
- Start by washing the puffball mushroom thoroughly. Dry well.
- Slice into pancake shapes.
- Heat up the grill if you’re using a BBQ, or heat up a large pan over medium heat.
- Grill or fry the mushroom for about 5 minutes per side, or until it’s fully cooked. You’ll be able to tell from the change of colour because it turns slightly yellow when cooked!
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and minced garlic. Microwave for 15 seconds.
- Using a silicone brush, apply the oil mixture to the mushroom slices.
- Sprinkle the onion pieces and the shredded cheese. Let the cheese melt.
Like this recipe? Pin it for later!
Puffball Mushroom Snack Recipe [Video]
Thanks for reading, fit babe!
If you enjoyed this recipe, check these ones out:
- Healthy Sweet Potato Soup Recipe, Perfect For Souptember! [Slow Cooker]
- Healthy Peanut Butter Pancakes Recipe That Will Energize You!
- Overnight Oats Recipe – Easy, High-Protein, Healthy Breakfast Idea
Follow me on social media!