This Is The PROVEN, Sensitive Skin Care Routine For Your 20s
In this post, I share with you, the BEST skin care routine, for your 20s. I have very sensitive skin, so this post will be focused on all my sensitive skin types out there! This routine took my skin from inflamed and breaking out constantly, to calm and healthy. I will also share with you, foods that you should be eating, to get that skin glow from the inside out! You will love this one!
Hey, fit babe! As an Amazon Associate, I want you to know that I will earn a small commission, at NO extra cost to you, if you choose to shop from my affiliate links. I only recommend products I love and use every day, and I know you will too. Thank you so much for the support, and for helping me grow my blog! Disclaimer here.
In this blog post:
- Skin Care Routine for Your 20s – My Skin Type
- My Skin Care Routine – Products
- Skin Care Routine Order
- Healthy Skin Care Foods And Drinks
Skin Care Routine For Your 20s
Your 20s are a time for prevention and reconfiguration of your skin care routine.
Your skin will start to show signs of changing but worry not! Finding the right products for your skin can have a major impact on your skin’s health.
Here is a short list of all the changes happening to your skin in your 20s:
- You May Start Seeing the Effects of Sun Damage
- You Might Look More Tired Than You Used To
- You May Start Seeing the First Signs of Aging
- You May Experience Breakouts
Before we get into this, here’s a little bit about me and my skin type:
- I have a sensitive, combination skin type. It tends to be oily around the forehead, nose, and chin area. On the other hand, it is dry around the cheeks and lips. (winters can be brutal around the lips.)
- Harsh products, or at least products with a long list of chemicals, have never done any good for my skin. (red marks, drying out, etc..)
- Less is more with sensitive skin types.
- My diet has a MAJOR impact on the look of my skin. Seriously, do NOT overlook your diet. Your skin is the #1 indication of a healthy gut.
Like this? Pin it for later!
My Skin Care Routine
Alright, let’s get into this!
Skin Care Products, For Sensitive Skin
Cerave Moisturizer AM + SPF 30
Skin Renewal Serum Cerave w/ Encapsulated Retinol
A Couple Extras…
Gentle Exfoliating Facial Sponge Buf Puf
Mario Badescu Overnight Breakout Drying Lotion
MUST Read: How This Company Helps You Switch To Green Living.
Skin Care Routine Order:
- Facial Wash
- Serum w/ Retinol
- Moisturizer PM or AM SPF
- Face Roller
And that’s it! Simple right?
A few notes…
- You absolutely NEED sunscreen, even on cloudy days. Likely, Cerave AM + SPF does the job for you, by combining both moisturizing and sunscreen protection!
- Any extra step you take now, in your mid-20s, will definitely show in the years to come! Cerave Serum w/ Encapsuled Retinol, is a wonderful choice that helps with any signs of aging! My undereye lines and dark circles looked very diminished, after just one week!
- Similarly, exfoliation helps get rid of the dead skin cells, that keep your skin from looking its best! The Buf-Puf product mentioned above, is by far the BEST exfoliation product you will ever use. Surprisingly gentle on the skin, and NO harsh chemicals. I use it 3-4 times a week, as part of my bedtime routine.
- Lastly, I have personally fallen in love with face rolling. It makes my skin look more “plump” and youthful. Also, face rolling helps with product absorpsion, because it essentially massages the product, into your skin. I use it once in the morning, and once before bed, preferably right after your skin care routine.
Best Foods For Skin Glow
So, we covered the products that you need to use, for healthier, happier skin.
Unfortunately, you could be using the best products in the world, but still not see any results.
This is where healthy nutrition comes in.
Below, is a list of anti-inflammatory foods that will give your skin a natural glow! I try to include 2-3 servings of fruits and vegetables in my diet, every day.
Eating blueberries can increase your total antioxidant intake and help reduce premature aging. Blueberries are high in antioxidants that may help protect your skin from damage and promote skin healing.
The vitamin C in strawberries can contribute to keeping skin healthy and vibrant. Most importantly, they have anti-inflammatory, and antioxidants properties that treat burns, protect your skin from UV rays and delay aging.
Easy-to-go snack, packed with Vitamin C, the protein complex that gives your skin its firmness, plumpness, structure, and glow.
Grapes have an astonishing amount of benefits. One of its most important ones is its antioxidants, which can protect your skin from cancer-causing ultraviolet radiation and free radicals that can, on a lesser scale, cause wrinkles and dark spots.
Dark Leafy Greens
Spinach, kale, arugula, all have one thing in common. They are loaded with disease-fighting phytochemicals, like chlorophyll which provides protection against free radicals that can cause your skin to age.
In addition, they contain Vitamin C, E, and A, all responsible for your skin’s health! I love making salad bowls, where I incorporate all of them, topped with a tasty dressing!
I am sure that by now, we all know that healthy skin and water, go hand in hand. I personally wake up and drink a whole glass of water. It wakes up my system naturally, and my skin loves the hydration after a long night’s sleep!
Moreover, the benefits of water are pretty well-known. It flushes toxins, moisturizes, improves elasticity and so much more. Drink up! Any time of the day will give you its wonderful benefits.
Green tea has amazing anti-aging, antioxidant, anti-microbial, and anti-inflammatory properties. In other words, it should be a daily MUST if you want to take your skin care routine, to the next level. I drink one cup first thing in the morning, and one cup in the evening.
I also have a subscription with Art of Tea, which is a company based in LA, that hand blends and custom crafts the world’s finest organic teas. They offer a variety of collections such as Wellness, Ritual, Iced Tea, Classic, Holiday and so much more.
Sign up and get a box of personally customized, top-quality teas, right at your door. Makes for a perfect gift too!
I am certain that THIS is the skin care routine, that will make your gorgeous skin come out!
The skin care products I mentioned above, contain ingredients that work very well with sensitive skin types, so if you are one of them, you MUST try them.
In order to get that natural skin glow, you MUST pay close attention to your diet. Include fruits and dark leafy greens in your daily meal plan, either in salads or snacks. As long as you consume them!
Drink lots of water! Your skin will thank you, no doubt.
Get in the life-changing habit of drinking tea! My personal favorite is green tea, because of its anti-aging properties. Check out Art of Tea, and join the tea-drinking club today!
Hope this helps someone out there, that is going through the same skin struggles I have gone through!
Frequently Asked Questions
What should my nightly skin routine be?
- Always remove your makeup before bed
- Exfoliate 2-3 times per week (depending on your skin type)
- Use an eye cream
- Face roll (optional)
What should I do everyday for my skin?
- Use a gentle facial cleanser
- Moisturize twice a day
- Always wear sunscreen
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat your Vitamin C!
- Sleep well or at least as best as you can
Thank you very much for reading!
If y0u enjoyed this post, check these ones out!
- How To Really Stop Biting Your Nails [This Will Actually Work!]
- How To Eat Clean For Beginners: Rules, Guidelines and Ideas
- Father’s Day Gifts On Amazon You Will Love [Ideas]
Follow me on social media!
Nice post 🙂
Thank you very much 😀
Comments are closed.