Easy Avocado Egg Salad Recipe On Whole Wheat Bread [Healthy Snack]
This avocado egg salad recipe takes less than 10 minutes to put together, tastes delicious, and best of all, it makes a healthy snack in a pinch!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission if you choose to purchase through my links, at NO extra cost to you. Disclaimer here. Thank you for the support!
In this blog post:
- Are eggs and avocados good together?
- How long does avocado salad last in the fridge?
- Avocado egg salad ingredients
- Easy avocado egg salad recipe
- Avocado egg salad recipe [Video]
Are Eggs And Avocados Good Together?
From a taste point of view, eggs and avocados are an exceptional combination!
They compliment each other and come together for a mouth-watering snack!
From a nutrition point of view, the avocado egg salad wins the award for best healthy snack choice!
Eggs are full of protein, help keep and build strong muscles, help your “good” cholesterol, are heart-healthy and so much more!
Avocados are packed with monounsaturated fats.
According to healthline.com, “monounsaturated fats are healthy fats most commonly found in olive oil, nuts, seeds, and some animal-based foods. Diets high in monounsaturated fats can help with weight loss and may reduce risk factors for heart disease, as long as they don’t add extra calories to your diet.”
They are also high in fiber and make a great source of potassium.
How Long Does Avocado Salad Last In The Fridge?
This avocado egg salad recipe will stay fresh in the fridge for up to two days. The avocados will start to turn brown after the second day has passed. I am pretty sure you won’t have any leftovers though! I finished everything as soon as I served it between me and my husband!
Avocado Egg Salad Ingredients
This healthy avocado egg salad requires only 6 ingredients:
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp mustard
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- celery and onion
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp parsley (optional)
- 1/2 avocad0
- 4 slices of lightly toasted whole wheat bread
Easy Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash 2 hard-boiled eggs, using a fork.
- Add the Greek yogurt, mustard, paprika, celery, and onion. Sprinkle chopped parsley and top with black pepper to taste.
- In a different medium-sized bowl, mash the avocado, using a fork.
- Mix the avocado in with the egg salad.
- Spread the avocado egg salad onto the slices of bread.
Thanks for reading, fit babe!
If you enjoyed this healthy recipe, check these ones out!
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Cookies Recipe [Healthy And Easy!]
- 5 Minute High-Protein Healthy Snack With Cottage Cheese [Easy!]
- The Healthiest Banana Muffins Recipe (Made With Oat Flour!)
Follow me on social media!