4 Advanced Core Exercises Without Weights That Will Burn Good
Here are 4 advanced core exercises without weights that will leave your core burning and feeling stronger than ever! No equipment is required for this one!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission if you choose to purchase through my links, at NO extra cost to you. Disclaimer here. Thank you for the support!
In this blog post:
- How do I strengthen my core without weights?
- What are the best exercises for core strength?
- [Workout] 4 Core Exercises Without Weights
- My 4 Week Home Workout Plan For Beginners
How Do I Strengthen My Core Without Weights?
A lot of people, including myself, tend to underestimate the power of a bodyweight workout.
Generally, weights and any other form of resistance, tend to have a bigger impact on your body in terms of lean muscle gain.
However, have you ever tried doing 30 push-ups in a row? It burns, right?!
This brings me to the answer to this question.
Can I strengthen my core without weights?
Yes, you absolutely can! How? Bodyweight core training with a greater focus on planks!
According to bodybuilding.com, “if you are looking to build your core then planks are the best thing for you. They actually rank higher than crunches and sit-ups in their effectiveness.”
Since our core muscles don’t require weights or other forms of resistance training other than bodyweight, to strengthen, you can put together a core workout that puts a greater focus on planks.
Planks not only torch your core, but they involve other muscles around your core and the rest of your body as well.
This makes them an all-encompassing workout and a more efficient way to exercise.
Like this post? Pin it for later!
What Are The Best Exercises For Core Strength?
So, we now know that planks are highly effective in terms of core strengthening.
But, what are the best core exercises for core strength?
Some of the most effective ways to build core strength are through compound movements such as squats, deadlifts, shoulder presses, and pull-ups.
If performed correctly, these exercises will help strengthen your core along with the rest of your body.
So, the best exercises for core strength are primarily compound movements that work your entire body but also engage your core.
Secondly, planks are highly effective since they work your entire core, that is the transverse abdominis, erector spinae, obliques (external and internal), latissimus dorsi and rectus abdominis.
4 Core Exercises Without Weights [Workout]
- Jackknives 4×12
- Dragon Flag hold for 3 seconds on top, 4×10
- Side Plank Hold W/ Toe Taps 4×12/side
- High Plank Arm Reach w/ Toe Tap 4×12
Complete this workout in a circuit style. Perform one exercise after the other with little to no rest in between exercises. At the end of every round, rest for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
How To Do Each Move
- Lie flat on the floor with your arms and legs extended.
- Lift your arm and legs just a few inches off the floor. This is your starting position.
- Inhale and tighten your core.
- Exhale and contract your abs, raising both arms and legs. At the top of the move, tap your feet or your shins.
- Inhale as you lower your arms and legs slowly to the starting position.
- Move slowly and focus on your breathing throughout the entire set.
- Lie flat on the floor.
- Reach your arms above your head, and grab onto a couch or any other furniture, to brace yourself.
- Inhale, and pull your legs towards your chest, as if you are performing a reverse crunch.
- Exhale, and extend your legs fully until their almost vertical.
- Keeping your core tight, slowly lower your legs towards the floor or at least as far as you can. Keep your weight on your shoulder blades and try not to bend at your hips.
- Hold the position for the requested amount of time.
- Release and repeat.
Side Plank Hold W/ Toe Reach
- Get into a side-high plank position. This is your starting position.
- Inhale and brace your core.
- Exhale and reach your free arm out in front of you, while you extend your free leg out in front of you as well. Try to tap your toes or get as close to it as you can, while maintaining proper form.
- Return to starting position.
High Plank W/ Arm Reach And Toe Taps
- Get into a high plank position. This is your starting position.
- Inhale and reach your right arm out in front of you.
- Exhale and reach back, tapping your left foot.
- Return to starting position.
Leggings from Amazon: Jetjoy 2 Piece Set
Thanks for reading, fit babe!
If you enjoyed this post, check these ones out!
- Try This Arm Workout With Dumbbells At Home [Quick And Effective!]
- Isolation Exercises For Glutes You Absolutely Need In Your Routine [Best]
- What Is A Goblet Squat and Why You Should Be Doing It | Beginners
Follow me on social media!